The news conference will be broadcast live at nasa.gov.
– Mary Voytek, director, Astrobiology Program, NASA Headquarters, Washington
– Felisa Wolfe-Simon, NASA astrobiology research fellow, U.S. Geological Survey, Menlo Park, Calif.
– Pamela Conrad, astrobiologist, NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.
– Steven Benner, distinguished fellow, Foundation for Applied Molecular Evolution, Gainesville, Fla.
– James Elser, professor, Arizona State University, Tempe
Astrobiology is the study of, well, just what it sounds like it is the study of. So, obviously, NASA is going to announce that the Visitors from Sirius 4 have made contact and would like to arrange a peaceful cultural exchange, right?
Nope. It’ll just be one of those humdrum amazing science things that barely makes a ripple on our consciousness.
I would expect something about chemicals and microbes. Totally cool, trust me.