io9 has produced a list of Ten Coolest Time Machines.
I would add:
- The vortex in The Philadelphia Experiment – accidental time travel, naval military experiment; a match made in heaven.
- The mailbox in The Lake House – old school lettering is old school time travel. Sad Keanu wishes people would hold tight to old school time traveling style.
- The journals in The Butterfly Effect – user has some measure of control. Do you remember enough to be your own time travel machine?
- And, of course, the map to holes in spacetime from Time Bandits – I don’t think this one needs any explanation.
- If time travel exists (write4theaim.wordpress.com)
- The 5 Best (and Worst) Cinematic Time Travel Machines (screenrant.com)
- Atom Smasher Could Be Used As Time Machine, Physicists Propose (livescience.com)