Anyanka knew this. She’s old as dirt, so you should listen to her.
It doesn’t end there. The list of bunny malcontents is long.
- Harvey, the rather tall, invisible time lord rabbit
- The amoral Petter Rabbit and his gang of thieving thugs
- The invasive beasts from Night of the Lepus
- The alcoholic asshole Roger
- That freak cyborg rabbit, Mimzy
- Frank, the rabbit pretending to be the alter ego of a dead, emo teen
- The giant Were-Rabbit and its evil curse
- General Woundwort
- The evil cartoon bunnies of One Crazy Summer
- The plague of rabbits in Celia
- The March Hare, who is not to be trusted with tea (and who also appears in Dreamchild)
- Mr Horatio Knibbles, I just know he is evil. I just know it!
- The cryptic Inland Empire rabbits
- STD-ridden rabbits of Meet the Feebles
- Maybe Greg The Bunny isn’t truly evil, but he’s got lifeless eyes, like a doll’s eyes…and he’s kind of a fuckup
- Anthony pulled some creepy bunny shit of his own in the Twilight Zone movie
They are everywhere. And they breed like, well, rabbits.
And let’s not forget the most famous vampire bunny of them all, Bunnicula!
When I was a very small person, a librarian read the book, “Bunnicula: A Rabbit-Tale of Mystery” to us during some wonderful period of time called “not being bored in class”. Thank you, library lady!
I remember getting to see the cartoon later, but it isn’t as seared into my memory as hearing the story read to me. Luckily (or not, depending on my mood), there is YouTube.
- My bunny ruined my sex life (salon.com)
- International Rabbit Day (goodhareday.com)
- Easter Bunny Arrested For Being ‘Hopped Up’ on Illegal Prescription Narcotics (theblaze.com)
- Jarv’s Schlock Vault: Night of the Lepus (moonwolves.wordpress.com)